FUNDING WORK GROUP
About the Funding Work Group
Funding is one of the three Generation Next strategic levers. The Generation Next coalition seeks to align and direct resources allocated by philanthropic and governmental institutions with activities that improve student outcomes.
Aligned funding is a critical component in the Generation Next Theory of Action and in collective impact models all over the country. Funders play a critical role in our community by prioritizing certain investments and therefore incentivizing certain activities. Furthermore, funding can be used strategically to accelerate innovation. Philanthropic dollars can also help make the case for the investment of additional public dollars through public-private partnerships and by leading the way in identifying practices worthy of further investment.
Funding Work Group Role
The Funding Work Group will partner with the Generation Next Executive Director in the creation of a unified vision and strategy for philanthropic funding that includes:
- Alignment in the goals of philanthropic funding
- Shared accountability in ensuring funding is impacting student outcomes (Funder’s report)
- Creation of priority investment areas for funders in the Generation Next Partnership
- Partnering with the Practice and Policy Work Groups to prioritize Generation Next strategies
- Promoting collaboration and collective impact among potential and current grantees
Policy is one of three Generation Next strategic levers. The Generation Next coalition seeks to change district, city, county, and state level decisions that impact or influence student outcomes.
Practice is one of the three Generation Next strategic levers. The Generation Next coalition seeks to change actions or efforts that directly or indirectly impact student learning.